They have two types, High Power Density for a large current discharge. High Energy Density for a long backup time. Over a million Charge/Discharge cycles. High Efficiency. Capable of fully discharging to zero volts.
EverCAP – Double Layer Capacitors – Nichicon
Some things to note for a design engineer. The EDLC or Electric Double Layer Capacitors …
- Note Specified Endurance and end of life.
- Excess Vibration can alter Specs, Damage.
- Caution – Never Exceed Maximum temperature.
- Specs are very dependent on Temperature.
- Maintain Low ripple current on Charge/Discharge.
- It is Polarized like a Electrolytic cap.
- No Heating Parts or Heatsink near the Cap.
JC Series Evercap from Nichicon
This is a snap-in terminal type. Good voltage holding property. Suitable for quick charge and discharge.
- Temperature range : -25°C to + 60°C
- Capacitance : 15F to 150F
- Voltage : 2.5V
- Leakage Current – 0.5 mA
From – Nichicon
They have a range of Supercapacitors upto 2500F at 2.5V and Modules like 400F at 15V. There are two types Prismatic and Cylindrical. In comparison to batteries, multi-million cycles of charge-discharge is possible.
DLCAP – Electric Double Layer Capacitor – Nippon
Another feature is the high current charge-discharge ability, useful in many Industrial and Automotive Applications. A high charge-discharge efﬁciency makes an output efﬁciency of around 95% possible. These capacitors have become an useful part of Alternative Energy Electronics and Energy Harvesting. They also have applications in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles.
Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors – Nippon
Nippon Chemi-Con. Products multilayer ceramic capacitors, film capacitors, metal oxide varistors, choke coils, optomechatronics and Aluminum electrolytic capacitors.