Some things you can find there -CB & Ham radios, Walkie-talkie (GMRS/FRS) radios and Shortwave & multiband radios
The company was started as Radio Shack in 1921 in Boston, Massachusetts, by two brothers, Theodore and Milton Deutschmann, who wanted to provide equipment for the cutting-edge field of amateur, or ham radio.
The first 40 years – RadioShack Corporation – Wikipedia
Theodore and Milton Deutschmann opened a one-store retail and mail-order operation in the heart of downtown Boston. They chose the name, “Radio Shack,” which was a term for the small, wooden structure that housed a ship’s radio equipment. The Deutschmanns thought the name was appropriate for a store that would supply the needs of radio officers aboard ships, as well as “ham” radio operators.
In 1970, Tandy Corporation bought Allied Radio Corporation (both retail and industrial divisions), merging the brands into Allied Radio Shack and closing duplicate locations. After a 1973 federal government review, the company sold off the few remaining Allied retail stores and resumed using the Radio Shack name. Allied Electronics, the firm’s industrial component operation, continued as a Tandy division until it was sold to Spartan Manufacturing in 1981
Much of the Radio Shack line was manufactured in the company’s own factories. By 1990/1991, Tandy was the world’s biggest manufacturer of personal computers; its OEM manufacturing capacity was building hardware for Digital Equipment Corporation, GRiD, Olivetti, AST Computer, Panasonic, and others. The company manufactured everything from store fixtures to computer software to wire and cable, TV antennas, audio and video tape. At one point, Radio Shack was the world’s largest