They have two types, High Power Density for a large current discharge. High Energy Density for a long backup time. Over a million Charge/Discharge cycles. High Efficiency. Capable of fully discharging to zero volts.
Some things to note for a design engineer. The EDLC or Electric Double Layer Capacitors …
- Note Specified Endurance and end of life.
- Excess Vibration can alter Specs, Damage.
- Caution – Never Exceed Maximum temperature.
- Specs are very dependent on Temperature.
- Maintain Low ripple current on Charge/Discharge.
- It is Polarized like a Electrolytic cap.
- No Heating Parts or Heatsink near the Cap.
JC Series Evercap from Nichicon
This is a snap-in terminal type. Good voltage holding property. Suitable for quick charge and discharge.
- Temperature range : -25°C to + 60°C
- Capacitance : 15F to 150F
- Voltage : 2.5V
- Leakage Current – 0.5 mA
From – Nichicon