It consists of a 34mm square format varistor element ( MOV) with an integral thermally activated element designed to open in the event of overheating due to abnormal over-voltage, limited current conditions as outlined in UL1449.
TMOV34S Thermally Protected Varistor – Littelfuse
The device has a third lead, an indicator lead, which may be used to indicate that the MOV has been disconnected from the circuit.
The integrated configuration also offers lower inductance than most discreet solutions resulting in improved clamping performance to fast over voltage transients.
They have two types, High Power Density for a large current discharge. High Energy Density for a long backup time. Over a million Charge/Discharge cycles. High Efficiency. Capable of fully discharging to zero volts.
EverCAP – Double Layer Capacitors – Nichicon
Some things to note for a design engineer. The EDLC or Electric Double Layer Capacitors …
- Note Specified Endurance and end of life.
- Excess Vibration can alter Specs, Damage.
- Caution – Never Exceed Maximum temperature.
- Specs are very dependent on Temperature.
- Maintain Low ripple current on Charge/Discharge.
- It is Polarized like a Electrolytic cap.
- No Heating Parts or Heatsink near the Cap.
JC Series Evercap from Nichicon
This is a snap-in terminal type. Good voltage holding property. Suitable for quick charge and discharge.
- Temperature range : -25°C to + 60°C
- Capacitance : 15F to 150F
- Voltage : 2.5V
- Leakage Current – 0.5 mA
From – Nichicon